Monday, February 11, 2019

Watercolor Painting Demonstraton: A Sunset View of the Blue Ridge Mountains in a Narrated Time-Lapse Video Tutorial


Sunset in the Blue Ridge Mountains, A Watercolor Painting Tutorial

This week I recorded a time-lapse video while I created a landscape watercolor painting step-by-step, from beginning to end. During each step of the tutorial/demonstration, I narrated my process to help you learn how to paint better watercolor paintings. The demo covers creating a watercolor sunset glow in a landscape, painting layers of mountain ranges, painting a figure into a landscape, and using shadows to make your painting stand out. 

I set the mood with some relaxing piano music so you can feel soothed while you learn to paint with watercolors, or simply enjoy watching the painting come to life.

To take things a step further, I also included a note at the end of the time-lapse (and at the end of this post) with the names of all of the paints that I used while painting this demo, including brand names and pigment codes. Why do I include brand names and pigment information? Because watercolor pigments often vary among manufacturers. That's not to say one is better than another, but they are different and will look and behave differently. Sometimes brands will sell the same pigment under different names, as well, so I've learned to always know what pigments are in my watercolor paint tubes, and not just the name of the color!

 

This painting is available for sale in my Etsy Shop.


Colors Used in this Painting

Cobalt Blue – PB 28 – American Journey
Ultramarine Blue – PB 29 – American Journey
Joe's Red – PR 254 – American Journey
Pyrrol Crimson – PR 264 – Daniel Smith
Quinacridone Gold – PO 49 – Daniel Smith
Transparent Red Oxide – PR 101 – Daniel Smith
Sepia – PBk + PBr 7 – American Journey






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.