Sunday, November 8, 2009

My first blog

Welcome to my blog. I have never created a blog before, so this is a new experience for me. The purpose of this blog will be to discuss art, in different forms. I will post and discuss my own art, including works in progress, sketches from my private sketchbook, and finished works of art. I also hope to include instructive content and discussions of art-related topics. I'll try to keep it interesting, informative, and hopefully entertaining.

To start with I'll introduce myself. My name is Laura. I'm an artist in North Carolina. I love North Carolina because it has the beautiful Appalachian and Great Smokey mountains to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. I live in the middle of the state, in the hilly Piedmont region, with my husband and son. We also have a dog, 2 cats, and 3 chickens.

I love the outdoors, and especially water. My watercolor paintings reflect the fact that I love the outdoors. I paint mostly landscapes, but I also enjoy portraiture, flowers, and still life. In addition to my watercolors, I also do a great deal of decorative painting. I use acrylic paints to decorate a wide variety of gift items, such as birdhouses, signs, and small furniture. I also make greeting cards and note cards and do custom picture framing.

I hope you enjoy the blog. I welcome comments or suggestions. You can comment to the here, or email me at lauraposs@yahoo.com. You can also visit my website at lauraposs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.